|STEP & KAMSC Camps|
STEP camps are offered free of charge to Portage Public School Students by the Portage Education Foundation. Self-driving cars, computer programming, and rocketry are just a few of the choices that explore the areas of science, technology, engineering and math. The camps offer hands-on learning featuring trips to the Chicago Board of Trade and the Eaton Corporation Test Track.
The Portage Education Foundation (PEF) was founded in 1990 and awards over $42,000 each year in scholarships, grants and program sponsorship. PEF is proud to offer STEP these 23 fun and engaging camps in conjunction with our partner organization: Eaton, Kalamazoo Area Math and Science Center, and Western Michigan University.
Enroll early! Camps fill up fast. Please note: A $10 nonrefundable administrative fee will be charged per camp.
Students must be enrolled as a full-time PPS student in the school year 2017-2018 to be eligible for this camp.
In an effort to make these camps available to all PPS students,
students may register for one STEP camp only, May 1-31.
Students may register for additional STEP camps after June 1.
Camp registration begins Monday, May 1 at 7:30 am
On line Camp information will be disabled April 30 and will reopen for registration May 1 at 7:30 am
STEP & KAMSC Camps
- 3D Printing Introduction (Grades 7-11)
- Animation (Grades 7-12)
- Backyard Astronomy (Grades 7-12)
- Beyond the Lemonade Stand: Entrepreneurship and Innovation (Grades 9-12)
- Bug Science (Grades 2 & 3)
- Create, Explore, Make, DO! (Grades 3-5)
- Dollars & Sense-Financial Literacy Camp (Grades 8-12)
- Flying With Physics (Incoming Grades 8-12)
- Forensic Science (Grades 7-12)
- Fun with Programming (Grades 4-5)
- Human Biology (Grades 7-12)
- iMovie (Grades 6-9)
- Lego Camp (Grades 3, 4 & 5)
- Make Your Own Webpage II (Grades 7-12)
- My First Self Driving Car (Grades 8-12)
- Power the World (Grades 7-12)
- Programming (Grades 7-12)
- Rocketry (Grades 5-7)
- Rocketry II (Grades 7-12)
- Science for Magicians (Grades 3-5)
- Teddy Bear Math (Grades 1 & 2)
- What Makes Me Tick (Grades 1 & 2)